CH382 is a PCI-Express based dual-channel UARTs and printer port chip，contains Dual UARTs which compatible with 16C550 or 16C750, and a EPP/ECP enhanced bi-directional parallel port. The UART supports independently transmit and receive 256 bytes FIFO buffer. Supports IrDA infrared encode and decode, supports communication baud rate up to 8Mbps. It can be used for RS232 serial expansion, PCIe high-speed serial with automatic hardware speed control, serial networking, RS485 communications, parallel/ printer port expansion etc.
The chart below is application project.
- Can be configured as dual-channel UARTs, single printer/ parallel port or dual-channel UARTs with a printer/ parallel port.
- Provide two-wire serial master interface, can hang serial EEPROM similar with 24C0X to store data which is not easily missing.
- Supports that can be set for Vendor ID, Device ID, Class Code or other inforrmations of PCIe board in EEPROM
- Driver supports Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/SERVER 2003/2008/2012/2016 and Linux.
- 3.3V voltage, mainly I/O interfaces support 5V. Supports low power sleep mode for serial port.
- Chip function is equal to CH367 adds CH438, providing Quad UARTs, Octal UARTs or more UARTs application project.
- Supports ExpressCard of PCMCIA notebook card.
- Serial Port Interface
- Two independent UARTs, compatible with 16C550, 16C552, 16C554 and 16C750 with enhanced.
- Supports 5, 6, 7 or 8-bit Serial format and 1 or 2 stop bits.
- Supports Odd, Even, None, space 0 and mark 1 parity, etc.
- Programmable Baud Rate, supports 115200bps and up to 8Mbps baud rate.
- Supports 256-bytes FIFO buffer, supports 4 FIFO trigger layers.
- Supports MODEM signal CTS, DSR, RI, DCD, DTR, RTS, can be converted to RS232 level.
- Supports CTS, RTS to realize auto handshake and auto transmit speed control, compatible with TL16C550C.
- Supports serial frame error check, and Break circuit interval check.
- Supports Full-duplex and Half-duplex communication.
- Parallel port
- Supports IEEE1284 parallel/ printer port modes such as SPP, Nibble, Byte, PS/2, EPP and ECP etc.
- Supports bi-directional data transmission, the transfer speed can up to 1M Byte/S.