CH395 is an Ethernet protocol stack management IC which provides Ethernet communication ability for MCU system. CH395 has built-in 10 / 100M Ethernet MAC and PHY and fully compatible with IEEE 802.3 protocol, it also has built-in protocol stack firmware such as PPPOE, IP, DHCP, ARP, ICMP, IGMP, UDP, TCP and etc. A MCU system can easily connect to Ethernet through CH395. CH395 supports 3 types of communication interfaces: 8-bit parallel port, SPI or USART. A MCU/DSP/MPU can use any of the above communication interfaces to operate CH395 for Ethernet communication. The application diagram for CH395 is shown below:
- Built-in Ethernet MAC and PHY.
- Supports 10 / 100M, full duplex / half duplex adaptive Ethernet interface, fully compatible with IEEE 802.3 protocol.
- Supports multiple modes of address filtering.
- Fully implements full duplex flow control and half duplex back-pressure flow control.
- Auto MDI/MDIX switching.
- Implements all TCP/IP protocol suites, such as IPv4, ARP, ICMP, UDP, TCP and etc.
- Provides 8 independent Socket pairs which can simultaneously send and receive data.
- Provides 8-bit Passive-Interface which can be connected to MCU's parallel data bus.
- Provides up to 30MHz SPI interface which can be connected to MCU's SPI bus.
- Provides up to 3Mbps USART with dynamic baud rate adjustment, which can be connected to MCU.
- Low power mode supported.
- Built-in 24K RAM which can be used for Ethernet data transfer. Each Socket's transfer buffer can be freely configured.
- Built-in 4K EEPROM.
- Supports 8 GPIOs.
- RoHS-compliant LQFP64M and LQFP128 package.