This solution is a simple solution for connecting external GPIO, UART, PWM, I2C, SPI master, SPI slave protocol devices to Android phones or tablet via USB. Supports USB host mode above Android 3.1, Android applications can realize data communication via USB, users do not need to perform any additional actions, including obtaining Android root permissions, additional development kits or special kernel drivers. In addition, users do not have to worry about Android system upgrades, no software migration, simple to use, and easy to develop. The figure below shows its internal block diagram.
- Full speed USB host interface, USB 2.0 compatible.
- Supports 5V and 3.3V power supply.
- Built-in USB protocol processing, no need to program it.
- Three IO used to mode configuration.
- Hardware full-duplex asynchronous serial port, supporting MODEM signal RTS and CTS and RS485 transceiver control signal TNOW.
- 16 GPIO and 2 PWM outputs.
- Clock adjusted for I2C host interface.
- MSB/LSB byte transmission order adjusted for SPI master/slave interface. Supports mode 0, 3 with host mode, mode 0, 1, 2, 3 with slave mode.
- Provides USB device configuration completion indication.
- RoHS compliant SOP-16, LQFP-48 lead-free package.
- Supports Android 3.1 and above.
- No additional driver required.
- Customized according to customer needs.