CH353 is a PCI based dual-channel UARTs and printer port chip，contains Dual UARTs which compatible with 16C550, and a EPP/ECP enhanced bi-directional parallel port. It can be expanded to PCI based Quad UARTs by adds CH432 chip. The UART supports transmit and receive automatic switching in half-duplex mode. Supports IrDA infrared encode and decode, supports communication baud rate up to 4Mbps. It can be used for PCI based RS232 serial expansion, PCI high-speed serial with automatic hardware speed control, serial networking, RS485 communication, IrDA communication, parallel/ printer port expansion etc. The chart below is application project.
- The same chip can be setting as PCI based Dual-channel UARTs with a printer/ parallel port or Quad-channel UARTs.
- Provides two-wire serial master interface, can hang serial EEPROM similar with 24C0X to store non-volatile data.
- Supports that can be set for Vendor ID, Device ID, Class Code or other inforrmations of PCI board in EEPROM.
- Driver supports Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/SERVER 2003/2008/2012/2016 and Linux.
- 5V or 3.3V supply voltage, supports low power sleep mode for serial port.
- Chip function is equal to CH365 adds CH432 chip, providing Dual UARTs, Quad UARTs and Octal UARTs or more application project.
- LQFP-100 lead-free package, RoHS compliant..
- Serial Port Interface
- Two independent UARTs, compatible with 16C540, 16C550, 16C552 with enhanced.
- Supports 5, 6, 7 or 8-bit Serial format and 1 or 2 stop bits.
- Supports Odd, Even, None, space 0 and mark 1 parity, etc.
- Programmable Baud Rate, supports 115200bps and up to 4Mbps baud rate.
- Supports 16-bytes FIFO buffer, supports 4 FIFO trigger layers.
- Supports MODEM signal CTS, DSR, RI, DCD, DTR, RTS, can be converted to RS232 level with 75232 chip.
- Supports CTS, RTS to realize auto handshake and auto transmit speed control, compatible with TL16C550C.
- Supports serial frame error check, and Break circuit interval check.
- Supports Full-duplex and Half-duplex communication.
- SIR Infrared codec internal, Supports 2400bps to 115200bps baud rate of IrDA communication.
- Supports expanded to PCI based Quad UARTs by adds CH432 chip.
- Parallel port
- Supports IEEE1284 parallel/ printer port modes such as SPP, Nibble, Byte, PS/2, EPP and ECP etc.
- Supports bi-directional data transmission, the transfer speed can up to 2M Byte/S.
- Built-in pull-up resistor which required by printer port, fewer peripheral components, the circuit can be simple.