CH358 is a PCI based Octal-channel high performance UART with EPP/ECP enhanced bi-directional parallel controller. Each UART is compatible with 16C550 or 16C750. The UART contains independently transmit and receive 128 bytes FIFO buffer. Supports IrDA infrared encode and decode, supports communication baud rate up to 4Mbps. It can be used for RS232 serial expansion based by PCI bus, PCI high-speed serial with automatic hardware speed control, serial networking, RS485 communications, IrDA communications, parallel/ printer port expansion etc.
The chart below is application project.
- The same chip Can be configured as Octal-channel UARTs or Quad-channel UARTs with printer/ parallel port.
- Provide two-wire serial master interface, can hang serial EEPROM similar with 24C0X to store data which is not easily missing.
- Can set Vendor ID, Device ID, Class Code or other informations of PCI board in EEPROM.
- Driver supports Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/SERVER 2003/2008/2012/2016 and Linux.
- 3.3V voltage, supports low power sleep mode for serial port.
- Chip function is equal to CH365 adds CH438 chip, providing 6 UARTs, 16 UARTs, 28 UARTs or more application project.
- LQFP-128 lead-free package, RoHS compliant.
- Serial Port Interface
- Eight independent UARTs, compatible with 16C550, 16C552, 16C554 and 16C750 with enhanced.
- Supports 5, 6, 7 or 8-bit Serial format and 1 or 2 stop bits.
- Supports Odd, Even, None, space 0 and mark 1 parity, etc.
- Programmable Baud Rate, supports 115200bps and up to 4Mbps baud rate.
- Supports128-bytes FIFO buffer, supports 4 FIFO trigger layers.
- Supports MODEM signal CTS, DSR, RI, DCD, DTR, RTS, can be converted to RS232 level by 75232 chip.
- Supports CTS, RTS to realize auto handshake and auto transmit speed control, compatible with TL16C550C.
- Supports serial frame error check, and Break circuit interval check.
- Supports Full-duplex and Half-duplex communication.
- UART0 has SIR Infrared codec internal, Supports 2400bps to 115200bps baud rate of IrDA communication.
- Parallel port
- Supports such as SPP, Nibble, Byte, PS/2, EPP and ECP etc IEEE1284 parallel/ printer port modes.
- Supports bi-directional data transmission, the transfer speed can up to 2M Byte/S.