CH364 is a dedicated chip for extend ROM control card based on PCI bus. CH364 provides a capacity of 64KB Electro-erasable/rewritable read-only memory Flash-ROM, supports software simulate two-wire serial port which I2C compatible for data and I/O expansion, dedicated to a variety of PCI control cards with extended ROM, including system recovery card, data protection card, network isolation card, security control card, etc. Because no additional ROM chips are needed, so these are more professional, Better looking, Easier, cheaper and simpler. The figure below shows is application block diagram.
- Standard 32-bit device interface based on PCI bus.
- Supports 32KB extended ROM (Boot ROM), supports BIOS boot without hard disk.
- Provides 64KB Electro-erasable/rewritable read-only memory Flash-ROM, supports upgrade online by client at any time.
- Defines Identification Information (Vendor ID, Device ID, Class Code) for PCI card by Flash-ROM.
- Part of internal registers and external pins S0 and S1 are protected, supports status lock function.
- Provides lockable general output pins S0 and S1, supports reset auto-load function of PCI.
- Provides a non-locking universal bi-directional input and output pin SDA, provides universal input pin DIN.
- SCL pin and SDA pin can be controlled by software to simulate two-wire serial port which I2C compatible, used for data and I/O expansion.
- Provides internal register bit which no affected by PCI reset, used to transfer flag to extended ROM program by application.
- QFP-64 package, center distance of pin is 0.8mm, easy to process.